Hi there! Is it getting hot where you are yet? Los Angeles had a little heat surge at the beginning of this month, and I think it’s officially started warming up for us as we head into June. We’re still under a “safe at home” order, but that doesn’t mean I haven’t picked up a few new pieces for summer! Today’s post features casual, summer-inspired items – all under $100.
At the bottom of this post there’s a big collage of all of my picks; click on any photo you like in the collage and a new page will open up to shop that item.
I’ve mentioned this in other posts, but once it gets hot all bets are off on jeans. I get way to hot in them, so I switch to shorts, dresses, and breezy bottoms for the summer. I’m still searching for the perfect pair of denim shorts, but I found these cotton shorts for the interim and love them. Plus they’re only $40!
These shorts have a nice high waist and they’re no too short. I love the cuffed detail and utility pockets; both add a little something extra to these shorts, so they aren’t just plain shorts. I always love a paperbag waist and the shorts have a removable sash. Since my top has a little peplum, I removed the sash for this outfit. (But tuck in a plain tee and tie a bow with the sash for a cute and casual yet elevated look!)
SIZE NOTE: Usually I size up in shorts because I like my shorts looser, but for these I took my normal size – small – and they were perfect. So, I’d say these run true to size. I personally love this red shade, but these shorts also some in other great muted neutrals (khaki, olive, and ivory with contrast stitching.)
I’m kind of tapped out on t-shirts right now, but since we’re staying at home, I don’t want to wear fancier blouses. This gingham top is a nice middle ground between both options. The entire body is smocked, so it’s stretchy and just a comfy as a t-shirt. The cute little peplum detail adds the perfect stylish touch to make it feel a little more elevated than a plain tee.
SIZE NOTE: I’m wearing a size small. This top runs TTS, especially since the smocked body makes the whole thing stretchy. I probably could have also gotten away with the medium if not for a little more space under the arms, so if you’re in between sizes, go up a size.
SHOP MAY FASHION FINDS UNDER $100
- Linen blend jumpsuit – one and done!
- Leopard print bike shorts – sport the trend in this fun print
- Paperbag waist shorts – only $40 and I love the high waist and cuffed detail
- Black tank bodysuit – I love this to wear under shorts and skirts
- Flowy shorts (only $13!) – these are high waisted and and flowy
- Striped day dress – a simple dress to throw on any day of the week
- White sporty slides (under $50!) – a major shoe trend for spring and summer, at an affordable price
- Pink glitter sunglasses – I mean, who doesn’t love pink glitter? These add some retro fun
- White puff sleeve bodysuit – I love the sheer sleeves
- Tan puff sleeve mini dress – A neutral color that goes with anything
- Smocked gingham top – A great “in-between” top that’s nicer than a t-shirt, but not quite a blouse
- Floral slip dress – easy to throw on; wear with a denim jacket at night
- Strawberry Fields graphic tee – I’m obsessed with this shirt and I need it
- Platform espadrilles – I have these and love them, and now they’re on sale!
- Layered necklace set – Achieve a perfectly layered look without having to think about it
You had me at under $100!
Comments are closed.