Hi friends! The days are longer, the temperatures are higher, and that means more time for refreshing cocktails. Today I’m sharing how to make a grapefruit mojito. It’s an easy, delicious twist on the classic cocktail.
There is something I really love about a good ol’ mojito. The combination of fresh lime juice, minty freshness, and fizzy bubbles makes my tastebuds sing. Although I love a classic cocktail, it’s always fun to explore new flavors with them. This grapefruit mojito has all of the things you love about the OG version, with a tiny punch of tartness from fresh grapefruit juice.
Grapefruit mojitos are super simple to make, with easy-to-find ingredients you can pick up on your next grocery store run. Serve these up at your next dinner party!
How to Make a Grapefruit Mojito
WHAT YOU’LL NEED
How to Make It
Making a flavored mojito is really simple. Basically, you use all of the core ingredients for a regular mojito, add a splash of whatever flavor you want, then shake it up and serve. (Shop my cocktail glasses here.)
I know a lot of people find grapefruit to be bitter. My husband Matt is one of these people, but despite that, he still thoroughly enjoyed this cocktail. To prevent your grapefruit mojito from being overly sweet, skip the juice from the store and juice fresh grapefruits. It takes two extra minutes but is totally worth it in terms of flavor.
Looking for another citrus cocktail? Try this blood orange margarita!
This drink is so pretty to look at, but it’s even better to drink. 🙂
- 1 tbsp fresh lime juice (about 1 lime)
- 1 tbsp fine sugar
- 8-10 fresh mint leaves, plus a spring for garnish
- 3-4 tbsp fresh grapefruit juice (about ½ a grapefruit), plus a wedge for garnish
- 2 oz white rum
- club soda
- In a cocktail shaker, add lime juice, sugar, and mint leaves. Muddle until the mint leaves are slightly bruised but not soggy.
- Add the fresh grapefruit juice and white rum, then shake to combine.
- Strain into a glass with ice, then top off with club soda.
- Add a grapefruit wedge and a sprig of mint to garnish. Enjoy!