I obviously love clothes, but I’m also a sucker for anything beauty-related. Buying new makeup always give me such joy. I love the feeling of opening a new carton or the way untouched lipstick looks before you use it for the first time.
It seems like I’m always buying something new when it comes to beauty, so I’m going to try and be better about sharing things I purchased or whatever is on my lust list! Read why I’m loving each item, then shop them all at the end of this post.
Here are 5 beauty items I’m currently craving:
- Bobbi Brown Eyes & Cheeks Palette – I am such a sucker for a good makeup palette because it makes life SO easy. I use them to travel, but even when I’m home I use palettes. Since palettes are typically made with corresponding colors, you don’t have to think twice about which shades you’re using and can mix and match all of them. I also stopped buying full-sized shadows because I never got to the end of them. A palette lets you experiment with a lot of shades without fully committing to any of them. Any makeup palette is my secret “I have 2 minutes to get ready to go out” hack. This particular palette by Bobbi Brown is SUCH a great value with 12 eyeshadows, two blushes, and two bronzers. Literally the only other things you need are mascara and a gloss. Obviously, I had to get this and I’m obsessed. This palette sold out and is now back in stock, so I’d shop fast!
- Jo Malone Cologne Collection – I LOVE Jo Malone. I have the full size of the Wood Sage and Sea Salt scent, but I love these minis. Similarly to a makeup palette, you can try the different scents, find what you love, then commit to a full size. All Jo Malone colognes can be worn alone or layered, so it’s super fun to try different combinations to create your own signature scent.
- Sigma Beauty Brush Set – These brushes are affordable and high quality. If you’re looking for a good brush set but don’t want to spend a fortune, then start with this one. It contains a kabuki brush for foundation application, then 3 eye brushes for all kinds of makeup, from powder to gel liner. My absolute favorite is the tapered blending brush; it delivers the perfect amount of even color into eyelid creases and is SO soft.
- La Mer Mini Miracles Set – I’ve always wanted to try on La Mer because I’ve heard that this moisturizer is so luxurious. This limited-edition set is on the top of my beauty lust list. For $85 you receive the cream and a regenerating serum to target fine lines ($140 value). At 40% off what you’d pay normally, now may be the good time to splurge!
- MAC Cosmetics Look in a Box – I love any kind of makeup or beauty product that let’s me get out of the house quickly and with minimal effort (see #1; beauty palettes). Every once in a while, MAC Cosmetics releases these “look in a box” sets. There’s other colors available, but I’m love this rosy nude color. It seems like such a versatile shade that would look good on any skin tone. Typically these sets come with a color and a liner, but this also comes with a lip primer to hydrate the lips and prevent any color from bleeding.
You can find all five these beauty products right now during the Nordstrom Anniversary Sale.
Are there any beauty items I need to try that you’re just in love with? Let me know!