As I started packing my suitcase New York City, I decided I’d share my travel essentials that I never leave home without whenever I hop onto a plane.
Click on the bold black text to shop, or take a look at the slideshow below for individual product images!
- Multi-Active Toner by Dermalogica – This is a great spray toner that hydrates the skin and doesn’t leave any weird residue after. Mine is in a convenient travel size, so I actually take this on the plane and give my face a spritz or two mid flight so that my skin gets hydrated at such a high altitude. I’ll also spray it on right before I land if I need to go somewhere directly after the airport – it’s my little secret to making me feel refreshed instead of like I was stuck on a plane all day traveling.
- Precleanse Wipes by Dermalogica – Washing your face before bed is so important, but often face wash doesn’t actually get rid of the dirt and oil, it just kind of spreads it around. That’s why sometimes, when you wash your face, it doesn’t feel fully clean. I like to take off my makeup before I wash my face with Dermalogica’s oil blend called PreCleanse. Oil attracts oil, so it works as a magnet to remove whatever gunk your face has attracted during the day, and sucks it up like a magnet when you add water. When I travel and don’t have enough space for the bottle (and to avoid any possible leaking!) I pack their on-the-go wipe version. It works the same way in a convenient wipe form.
- Sugar Advanced Lip Therapy by Fresh – I’m pretty sure I got this mini version from Sephora as part of a birthday gift for their Beauty Insiders, but the full size version travels well, too. It’s not as sugary tasting as their OG version, but it’s super hydrating. This is an other little guy that goes on the plane with me to keep dry lips away.
- Nail Clippers – I don’t know why, but I always manage to break a nail on vacation. This version has a handy little file built into it, so it’s a double life saver. Can also be used as improv scissors in case you need to cut tags off of newly purchased clothing. 🙂
- Detox Dry Shampoo by Drybar – This dry shampoo is pretty much a life essential, not just a travel essential. It’s spray formula goes on without piling up, and it smells delicious. There’s no weird baby powder smell, and as an advocate hater of washing my hair, I can safely say this is the best dry shampoo I have ever, ever purchased. For a weekend trip, I’ll wash my hair the night before my trip and then this is all I pack. It also serves as a great volumizer when you hair falls flat.
- Skin Smoothing Cream by Dermalogica – This medium weight face moisturizer is my favorite for traveling. In hotter months, I normally wear a lightweight moisturizer, but since flying dries out my skin so much, I always have this on me regardless of the temperature or season.
- Lip and Cheek Pencil by Nudestix – Remember how mentioned that my toner serves as a refresher for my face whenever I have to go from airport to something else, and don’t have time to hit the hotel? This handy 2-in-1 pencil is also perfect for these moments since it’s formulated to be used on your lips AND cheeks.
- Rejuvenate Intensive Body Balm by Aesop – A little goes a long way with this body balm, which is a nice departure from the lotion at hotels. I only need to use a little bit on my dry areas. Plus the name says it all – a little bit of this on your hands and a quick sniff will have you feeling instantly, well… rejuvenated.
- Face Palette by MAC Cosmetics – I bought this exact version at Nordstrom last year, but full face palettes are a great way to get multiple looks on your trip without packing too much product. These palettes are great investments and the best part is that all of the colors always coordinate, so you don’t have to second guess anything. I couldn’t find this exact palette but I linked 2 others below.
Shop these items and happy summer travels! What are must-haves in your toiletry bag?