It might be a new season, but that isn’t stopping me from wearing these lightweight, summer black items.
I’m happy to report that over Memorial Day weekend, Los Angeles finally decided to quite literally see the sun. As much as I try to stay away from black in the summer, it’s still super easy to pull off when you sport the color in lightweight and draped fabrics.
Here are the key fabrics to look for when picking out something black or any other dark color:
- Chambray – a lightweight cotton weave that looks like denim without having the weight of traditional jeans.
- Rayon – A lightweight, manmade fabric that drapes easily.
- Linen – An old school summer classic that’s made in pretty much every silhouette, from dresses to pants to tops.
- Cotton – Always lightweight, but be careful not to shrink it!
- Silk – Some people say yay or nay on this, but I say YAY! There’s nothing prettier to me than a loose black silk dress with some summer sandals.
As for my outfit… I picked up these sandals at The Apartment by The Line in New York City, but can also get them here. Ironically I’ve never been to the one in Los Angeles, but the location in NYC is beautiful and makes whatever living situation you’re in seem like a pile of sticks. It is major home #goals.
If you’re looking for the backpack, click here. I’ve been wanting this backpack for over a year now and finally bit the bullet and got it. It fits tons of stuff, so I’m going to take it with me when I got to NYC next week.
This outfit is so comfortable, I just might be wearing it all month/summer long.
Shop these perfectly appropriate summer black items below.
Love this look for summer! Comfortable and chic. xx
Jo | http://www.cutandchic.com
Comments are closed.