Happy end of August! I wanted to do something a little different with this post so instead of talking about my outfit, I’m going to talk about myself! I try to maintain a regular posting schedule when it comes to fashion that sometimes, okay most of the time, I forget to share that there’s an actual person behind this screen typing these thoughts.
I’m hitting the big 3-0 this weekend and so I thought it would be fun to share 30 facts about myself in the spirit of you all getting to know a little more about who I am. Of course no post is complete without some fashion, so I’m sprinkling in this fabulous red dress through the post. (It’s less than $30, by the way!) It’s from Target (another fab find from the Who What Wear Collection) but sadly is sold out online. Hopefully if you want it you’ll have luck finding it in actual stores.
Okay! So what to get to know me a bit more?! Here it goes:
- I’m married to a wonderful human named Matt and we just celebrated our 5-year wedding anniversary. It doesn’t feel like it’s been that long, but it also feels like I’ve known him forever.
- I don’t have any human babies. Our 5-pound yorkie Audrey is our baby. She gets away with everything and likes Matt a lot more than me.
- Matt proposed to me in the gazebo at the Disneyland Hotel.
- I have a full-time job outside of blogging working at a skincare company. It’s exhausting working two jobs, but I love blogging.
- I moved to Los Angeles for college and have been here ever since. It’s been 12 years so I guess I can finally say I’m from LA.
- Although I live in LA, I absolutely love New York City. I’ve been there 6 times this year already. I was actually on a plane for trip number 6 when I typed this.
- My favorite thing to do in NYC is walk through Central Park and read the plaques on the benches.
- I’m 5’4”.
- I’m left-handed.
- If I could change anything about myself it would be my height. I always want to look just an inch or so taller in photos.
- One time in high school I plucked my eyebrows too thin and my mom took away my tweezers until they grew back. Now I appreciate them more. Thanks, mom!
- I used to want to work for a magazine and design the page layouts. I still kind of do!
- I have a Master’s Degree.
- I eat chocolate every day. Seriously, my day feels funny without it.
- Part of the reason why I love living in Los Angeles is because of all of the restaurants. I LOVE eating.
- I don’t have a favorite restaurant in LA, because there are so many good ones. I just went to The Ponte and I loved it, and I’ll never turn down Mexican food.
- I’m a workout junkie. Maybe because I love to eat?
- I’ve run 6 half-marathons and 1 full marathon.
- I love Harry Potter. I own all of the books and movies, but I still haven’t been to either theme park.
- Breakfast at Tiffany’s is one of my favorite classic movies.
- When there’s nothing on TV or I want to feel better (sick or a after a bad day), I always watch Sex and the City.
- I am a not so secret beauty junkie. I never finish anything I buy because I always find something new.
- Pink is my favorite color, but I don’t own a lot of it for my everyday wardrobe. I do, however, have tons of pink workout shirts, a pink gym bag, and a pink water bottle.
- I used to wear a ring on my pink that I bought for $10 in Hawaii. It cracked so now I’m trying to find a new one. I feel naked without anything on that finger!
- My dream vacation is to take an African safari. I’m still working on convincing Matt for this one. 🙂
- If I have nothing to wear, nothing makes me feel more put together than a pair of jeans, a t-shirt, and a leather jacket.
- I love how high heels look but I’m not that great at walking in them. Practice makes perfect, I suppose!
- My hair secret is lots of Detox dry shampoo by Drybar.
- I’d rather invest in nice shoes or a nice handbag because they can make any otherwise inexpensive outfit look more expensive.
- This past June, I had a once in a lifetime opportunity to be on the cover of Redbook magazine (you can find it on stands now)!
Happy big 30 Camille! Love your blog! XO to you and Matt!
Thank you!! 🙂
Loving #3 because my husband also proposed to me in a gazebo! Now I’m pretty partial to any gazebo I pass haha!
And girl, I LOVE me some Harry Potter too but also haven’t made it to the amusement park. We need to fix that!
Aww yay! Love that we have a few things in common!
Just found your blog after seeing u in Redbook. Awesome!!
I hope you loved reading the issue! So happy to read this. 🙂
Comments are closed.