If you can stick out the traffic, Los Angeles is so fun in the summer. I’ve lived here for 11 years! A little while ago I had a moment (dramatic, I know) and realized I need to start embracing this city.
I shot these photos in front of the iconic Beverly Hills Hotel. There is nothing more “LA” to me than this hotel and all of its pink goodness. I felt transported to an earlier decade thanks to the green banana leaf wallpaper and retro feels. In case you can’t tell from the photos in this post, you can’t not be happy at The Beverly Hills Hotel.
It’s already almost the end of July which is crazy to me. Summer, and this year, seems to be flying. I was able to take a small vacation to Cabo San Lucas last month with Matt and his family, and also spent the greater part of June flying cross-country multiple times to NYC.
I’d love to fit in a little road trip or something in August, but if I can’t there’s plenty of places in Los Angeles to keep me in vacation mode. Plus, in this sunny Wildfox sweatshirt, how can you not feel like you’re on vacation? I bought this yellow sweatshirt forever ago and saw that they brought the exact style back! And it’s on sale! It’s the softest, coziest sweatshirt I’ve ever owned and it feels like you’re wearing a cloud. These cute espadrilles and this oversized straw tote (also on sale) make it easy for me to go from restaurant to the beach if I feel like heading west.
Whether you’re just visiting Los Angeles for a long weekend or you live here, there’s a “vacation” spot in this city for everyone. You just have to know where to go!
Here are five of my favorite things to do/places to go in Los Angeles in the summer:
- Malibu – It’s always fun to clear the day and take PCH to Malibu. It’s a fun road trip that doesn’t require tons of planning and you can be home by dinner. Try Geoffrey’s in Malibu if you’re looking for a nice brunch – the outdoor seating over a cliff and lush landscape feels like Hawaii. After, find a nice little beach away from everyone and enjoy a good book.
- Gracias Madre – This gorgeous, light-filled pant-based restaurant has my favorite outdoor patio in Los Angeles. The food is delicious, and can’t even tell you’re eating vegan. Plus, the décor of this place makes me want to redecorate my entire home.
- Venice & Abbot Kinney Blvd –I love the artsy, skateboarder vibes over in Venice. Abbot Kinney is loaded with tons of restaurants (My two favorites are Gjelina and The Butcher’s Daughter) and cute shopping. It’s also a gold mine for street art hidden on the sides and backs of buildings.
- Fryman Canyon – As much as I love getting outside when it’s warm, I’m totally useless when it comes to running in the heat. I love running, but I just can’t do it when it’s really hot. So, I’ll try to get my hard/indoor workouts done during the week so Matt and I can do more relaxing types of exercises on the weekend. Fryman Canyon is my favorite hike because it’s not too hard or too crowded. When we want something a little more intense, we’ll do it twice.
- Farmer’s Markets – Have you ever noticed that things taste better in the summer? Maybe it’s just my affinity for fruit over vegetables, but I LOVE farmer’s markets in the summer. My favorite thing to do on a Sunday is walk through the market, pick up some flowers, and let the seasonal food guide what I make for dinner that night.
SHOP THE POST