My room before NYFW was such a disaster. I’m finally home and still not unpacked (I HATE unpacking) and so I figured I’d delay that for a few more hours by sharing my beauty essentials that I took with me to NYFW. Some products were tried and true faves, and others were new things I picked up for the trip. I’m taking some tried and true favorites and a few new fun things. Keep reading to find out what I took!
My friends over at Hudson & Bleecker sent me some packing cubes and they saved my life. They just launched on QVC so find them over there. I also discovered these super thin nylon packing bags thanks to a gift from my in-laws. They are more for clothing and shoes but wow did they save my life packing for this NYFW trip.
But okay, before I go off into organizational nerd land, back to this post. I particularly love this cosmetics case because there’s a dedicated area for your brushes. The interior clear pouch also detaches to take my makeup on-the-go:
- Glossier Boy Brow in Brown – Even on my no-makeup days I use this. I rarely leave the house without doing my brows and so this is a must-have for wherever my day make take me.
- Dermalogica PreCleanse – This oil cleanser helped save my skin all week after all of the makeup I put on my face. I use it before my regular face wash to melt away all of my makeup. It leaves my skin super clean and gets everything off, even false eyelashes.
- Tom Ford Eyeshadow Quad in Disco Dust – I LOVE Tom Ford eyeshadow quads. Each quad contains corresponding colors, so it’s super easy to mix and match all of them. Appropriately named Disco Dust, this was the perfect palette to take me from daytime show to an afterparty. My favorite color in the palette is the super fun glitter that’s an appropriate homage to the 70s and disco.
- NARS Soft Matte Complete Concealer in Macadamia – I bought this earlier this year and it almost has a bouncy texture to it. To cover up blemishes, I use a beauty blender then blot it on the area. It layers really well but isn’t heavy, and I find that it lasts almost the entire day.
- Lipstick Queen Saint Sheer Lipstick in Bordeaux – My friend sent this to me and it’s the perfect shade for fall. It’s slightly sheer so if you’re worried about committing to a bold shade or you’re not comfortable with it, start with one like this.
- NARS Blush in Orgasm – This blush is a tried and true favorite. I’ve had it for ages and I never get sick of the color. Regardless of where I went this past week, it gave the perfect natural flush without having it look like I was actually wearing blush.
- Ardell Individual Lashes – Usually I’m not one for over-the-top glam looks, but I packed these individual lashes for NYFW. If you can’t have fun and dress up during NYFW, then when can you? I also used the full strips but cut them in half when I didn’t have the time or patience to apply these individually. The strips were more dramatic but I love the way the individual lashes looked – they enhanced what I already have without looking fake. Practice makes perfect, but I may start wearing some of these even on date nights here in LA.
- Karuna Hydrating+ Face Mask – After any long flight, I put this sheet mask on while I unpack. It takes about 20 minutes to re-hydrate dry skin that gets dry in the high altitude.
- Tom Ford Extreme Mascara in Raven – This mascara is super black and makes lashes look long and thick. I like my mascara a little clumpy because I like the drama, and this is the mascara that adds bulk without looking too spider-like. A lot of other really black mascaras then to rub off on my eyelids throughout the day and this one doesn’t, so for me it’s worth the extra money to not look like a raccoon 5 hours into my day.
- Chanel Les Beiges Healthy Glow Sheer Color in No. 40 – This gives the perfect golden glow to your look without it looking like you’re wearing bronzer. It’s so subtle but if you want to build it up you can.
- Giorgio Armani Maestro Fusion Foundation in #04 – I hate anything heavy on my face, so this is sort of a mixture between tinted moisturizer and liquid foundation. Not to heavy, not too light, but just right. Applied over my primer, this lasted the whole day and kept my combination skin fairly matte for a good chunk of the day. (I re-applied at night.)
- Marc Beauty Glow Stick Illuminator – This is a generic mother of pearl color that I think would look fab on anyone. After I apply my makeup, this is the last thing that goes on with an easy swipe. Then, I pat in the color to blend it into my cheekbones for the perfect highlight.
- Artis Elite Oval 7 Brush – I use this brush to blend in the Giorgio Armani Maestro makeup. It gives my makeup a soft glow that makes it look like I have a soft glow. The super fine fibers keep any makeup on the tip of the brush and so you use less makeup over a greater area of your face. Any time I use it, I get compliments on my makeup.
- Drybar Detox Dry Shampoo – I cannot live without this dry shampoo. The folks over at Drybar were so lovely and gave me a complimentary blowout while I was in NYC. My hair was able to last 4 days using this dry shampoo. I swear by it. It smells delightful and adds volume to your hair while removing any signs of oil. Even on days when I do wash my hair, I add a little bit of this dry shampoo to give it a little texture.
SHOP BEAUTY ESSENTIALS